We are recruiting young children to be part of our talent development programme!
Skills Progression to SSA Talent Identification Programme
Divers in the programme will develop their diving skills in a structured progression pathway that leads to the National Talent Identification Squad Programme (SSA TID).
Skills Levels 1 to 7 (1m, 3m, 5m) Standing Posture, Hand Grab Forward Jumps, Back jumps, (with armswings/pike and tuck positions) Pike falls, Straight falls, Back falls. Tuck rolls, Pike rolls
- Minimum age for all participants is 6 years old
- Must be able to swim 25m confidently without aid in deep water
- Participants age 11 or older should preferably have gymnastics, ballet or trampolining background.
- Sports shoes, t-shirts and shorts for warm up and dryland activities.
- Swimming trunks/costume for water activities
General lesson format
Each 90min training session consists of 3 main components: 1. Warm-up/Stretching: This would include running, jumping as well as flexibility exercises 2. “Dry-land” activities: Includes trampoline work, dryboard, somersaults on crashmats, and diving specific coordination exercises 3. Water activities: Poolside/1metre/3metre/5metre jumps and drills